Please see the linked information form Cheshire East Council with regards to child employment.
Researching is the key to reach a career preference. Students should use the following questions as prompts:
- Where are the growth industries right now? Information on the local and national labour market can be found HERE
- What qualifications and training might be needed?
- Do you need a special licence or are there age limits on the work you want to do?
- Have you got any relevant experience yet?
- What financial costs might there be?
‘Unsure of what job you may be interested in, the following quiz will suggest a short list of jobs that would suit your skills and that you may be interested in. All you need to do is reflect upon a number of statements and decide what you love, are not sure about or dislike. The statements are presented within six occupational categories (artistic, realistic, conventional, enterprising, and social), which are then ranked against jobs. A brief description of each job is given along with information on pay and hours. Use this alongside the Careerometer on the LMI page to compare with other jobs.’
There are a number of career resources available on line to enable students to discover types of jobs that they are suitable to. The following links will take students to the best sites:
Psychometric assessments are increasing being used in working life. Many assessments provide interesting career ideas that may not have been explored before. Students can explore the following links.