Domestic abuse comes in many shapes and sizes. It involves any kind of behaviour that hurts people who are in a relationship or part of a family – from put downs and belittling, through to physical and sexual harm. Abuse or the threat of harm is often used to control or force people to do/not do certain things or stay in a relationship that they feel isn’t good for them. We know that with more people stuck indoors under stressful circumstances, domestic abuse might get worse or happen more often. It might even be the first time you recognise harmful behaviour as domestic abuse.
Support for victims and their children
In an emergency, ring 999 – the police will be prioritising your calls.
In Cheshire East there is a 24/7 helpline for anyone who needs support. You can get in touch with the Cheshire East Domestic abuse Hub – for anyone affected – by:
– phoning 0300 123 5101
– emailing email@example.com
[This may notbe the most secure way to get in touch because you’re sending personal information over the internet, but if it’s your only way it’s better than nothing. Please think about who has access to your emails before you do this.]
– text 0777 194 1464
They can call you back to save your credit or arrange to speak to you at a time when you can talk without your children or partner overhearing. You can also visit MyCWA website www.mycwa.org.uk/get-help if you’re not ready or not able to contact us. Remember, dial 999 in an emergency.
If you are worried about a child out of school hours
- For safeguarding concerns about a child call 0300 123 5012, option 3 (CHECS).
- Emergency duty team (out of hours) 0300 123 5022.
- NSPCC 0808 800 5000
- Childline 0800 1111
Mental Health support
Out of hours CAMHS crisis team
- Monday to Friday 5pm to 10pm
- Saturday and Sunday 12pm to 8pm
- Kooth Online Counselling http://www.kooth.com
- Samaritans 116 123 (UK) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS urgent care (non-emergency) 111
- Wellbeing Hub – mental health support for 16-19 year olds
- Cheshire’s Mental Heath Hub https://www.youinmind.org/service/395/self-referral-wellbeing-hub
- Visyon – mental health charity for children
- Website: https://nantwich.foodbank.org.uk/
- Telephone: 0789 652209.
- Email: email@example.com
- Crewe Food Bank: https://livewellservices.cheshireeast.gov.uk/Services/2555/StPaul-s-Pantry-Food